Reading, Meeting new people, Exploring new places, walking around the city, Trying new restaurants
find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Locals' profiles and book your favourite Local Host directly
tell us about you
Tell us about you, your personality and passions, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you are after
chat & plan
We'll assign the best Local Host for you (if you didn't book one directly) and your Host will be in touch to plan a personalised experience for you
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the places, things and people that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in New York
People who viewed Sobella also viewed these locals
I am a happy, glass half-full kind of guy who has fallen in love with New York and I want to share this amazing city with everyone! I work in finance in a job I really enjoy but in my spare time I love discovering new places and trying out the myriad of restaurants that never stop popping up. I know the best places to eat and also a number of really cool bars so if you want to see more than just Times Square then I'm your man!
Jorge Is Great For
Bar lovers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Solo travellers, Vegans, Vegetarians
New York is one of my favorite cities in the world. I adore it and I would be more then happy to share my knowledge with the others and guide them through the city.
Kamilla Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Halal food, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, New residents, Partying & clubbing, Solo travellers, Vegans, Vegetarians
English, Spanish, Italian, Turkish, Russian
Brooklyn boy, downtown Manhattan enthusiast Fun loving new yorker
Ali Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Halal food, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, LGBT scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Partying & clubbing, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers, Vegans
English, Hindi, Urdu
I am a city lover and open to learn different languages and cultures, I like to spend my time helping people who are indeed, I am a black male educated, I like to sing, love science and technology, European culture is my roots... like to share and give because that’s the only reason that we are here.
Marc Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, LGBT scene, New residents, Partying & clubbing, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers, Vegans
English, French, Lingala, swahili
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way