travel, Live music, Volunteering , Biking, board games
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in New York
People who viewed Ross also viewed these hosts
Not sure which Local to book? We know each of our Locals individually, so leave it to us to find the Local who best matches your interests, personality and requirements. Simply book below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to find out more about you so we can choose a like-minded Local who can create an experience in New York that you will love. Alternatively, contact us directly at email@example.com to let us know the proposed details of your trip so we can find the perfect Local for you!
Your Perfect Local Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, French, Spanish, Many Others
I have been living in NY for the past 7 years and in this city I found a continuous source of amusement. I am curious and very dynamic. I love to learn new things and meet new people.
Maurita Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers
Visual Merchandising expert, Fashion, Art & Design enthusiast. NYC is constantly evolving with creative energy, new things to see and do. I'd like to share my finds in this great metropolis with you! I enjoy meeting new people, exploring the city, and discovering new neighborhoods. The newest in retail, shopping, arts and culture; both on and off the beaten path in Manhattan are my specialty. Itineraries planned around your personal tastes and criteria.
Denise Is Great For
High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers
My Name is Mei, I'm a Travel agent who loves to explore different places and learn about different cultures. Although I travel a lot myself. New York is always the city I love, and It's my home when I'm tired of elsewhere. New York has everything. You need at least one good meal when you travel and I will show you some of the most delicious and authentic places that I usually go (without the crowds and "fake ratings!). I also know some truly trendy places with soul which I can't wait to share with you!
Mei Is Great For
Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
Ross | New YorkReview by: Julie and david E
Great overview of Brooklyn- Ross was excellent - he rolls with the punches and showed us the interesting parts of an interesting borough- great points of interest interesting info and a wonderful day!!
Ross | New YorkReview by: Kevin G
New York Full Day Experience
Ross was good, very informative about New York. He’s a from New Jersey. He knows a lot of history about New York. He doesn’t like the stairs.. jokes.. he’s a good guy to tour around with.
Ross | New YorkReview by: Cathy S
Fun, good company, good food. Ross was very knowledgeable . Well worth your time.
Ross | New YorkReview by: Dianna J
Excellent tailored tasting tour combined with interesting local knowledge
It was a pleasure spending a few hours getting to know the neighbourhood and discovering some great places to sample food from local eateries with Ross. He is polite and considerate and very professional tailoring your tour to exactly what you want to eat, experience and learn. City unscripted is an innovative way to tour and Ross a passionate ambassador and very personable.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way