Your Perfect Local
English, French, Spanish, Many Others
Food, Shopping, Urban walks, Art and Culture, History and Literature
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in New York
People who viewed Your Perfect Local also viewed these hosts
I'm very proud to be a third-generation New Yorker. I've worked here as an accountant, raised my kids here, and now I am studying painting and art. If you're curious about new and obscure things, let's try them together!
Miriam Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, High-end travellers, History and culture, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Young adults
I have been living in NY for the past 7 years and in this city I found a continuous source of amusement. I am curious and very dynamic. I love to learn new things and meet new people.
Maurita Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers
My Name is Mei, I'm a Travel agent who loves to explore different places and learn about different cultures. Although I travel a lot myself. New York is always the city I love, and It's my home when I'm tired of elsewhere. New York has everything. You need at least one good meal when you travel and I will show you some of the most delicious and authentic places that I usually go (without the crowds and "fake ratings!). I also know some truly trendy places with soul which I can't wait to share with you!
Mei Is Great For
Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
When people ask if I'm a native New Yorker, I tell them that my Dad was from Brooklyn - so I claim rights. I grew up in New Jersey and moved into the city after college. I love New York, and I've been showing visitors around the city on a regular basis since 2003. I think I'm a pretty good storyteller, and that really helps with this job. I also have some more niche passions, in particular board games, Marvel Comics and history. As much as I love the big city, I love to travel, and I enjoy meeting other travellers too. There's always more to learn, and there's always more of New York to show.
Ross Is Great For
Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers
Your Perfect Local's Instagram
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way