History fascinates me, from the great ancient empires to the modern era., Travelling is the best way of knowing the world., Music, movies, books: whatever is interesting and captivating then I am in., Walking, walking and again walking. When exploring I love doing it on foot., Astronomy, the night sky has always enchanted me.
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Milan
People who viewed Marco Michele also viewed these hosts
Hi! My name is Alessandro. I moved here four years ago because of my studies at University and I started appreciating Milan since the first day I arrived. Milan welcomes everyone, this is why I really feel at home here. Milan is a very dynamic city, a place in constant transformation, following the challenges of the future. I saw many things that have changed in Milan so far. The 2015 Milan EXPO has challenged Italians and their capacity of improvement. Milan has faced this change towards modernity, from the arts up to the technological field. I will take you through the charming streets of Milan, showing you the ancient ashtonishment of the Duomo and the incredible beauty of the modern Unicredit Tower. Every tour is always personalized!
Alessandro Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
Hi there! I am Aida (like the Verdi one) and I'm a happy person, up for anything and very enthusiastic. I love to try new things and to learn as much as I can, I love to eat (who doesn't) and to try new foods and cool places and Milan's offer is really big, from the eat-standing in the street options to the big fancy places. Since October 2015 I embarked in an adventure called "Gelato Project". to try as many different ice cream flavors as possible all around the world. So far I have tried 120 gelatos in 22 different cities, of course being Milan the one I have tried the most and where some of my favorites have been, so it's safe to say that I can give expert advice as to which gelaterias are good around town. Check it out at https://www.instagram.com/365.gelatos/ I love how much history there's in Milan, especially how much you don't expect, little streets that seem so innocent or even unspecial can carry so much. I love how diverse it is, you can find something for everyone here, architecture, history, night life, culture and museums, parks and outdoor activities, just about everything. I'm a great Local because of two main reason. First I have seen Milan from many different perspectives: by myself, with friends, in the middle of winter, with my parents, lost, in a hurry, at 2am, wandering randomly, at noon and 35°C, etc... And that has given me both knowledge about it, but also a great love and appreciation for it. And second, I have experienced myself being both a traveler, a local and a guide. I enjoy traveling very much and also I have been in the position to be a guide to people from everywhere, which I really enjoy, I feel happy when I get to help, or even better, teach someone a bit about Milan and Italy.
Aida Is Great For
Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Spanish, Italian
Hi! I am Beatrice a 27 years old Italian girl. I lived abroad for some years, i also travelled around the world; but I am now ready to show you around the soul and the vibe of the real Milan.
Beatrice Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, Spanish, Italian
Hi! I'm Giovanni and I've been studying and living in Milan since I moved here to attend University. I've immediately fallen in love with this city beacuse it matches my different interests and my will to discover new things. All of my passions are welcome in Milan, from music to sports, as well as medicine, arts and drama: there's nothing missing in such a dynamic city when you are as eclettic as I am! My curiosity leads me to discover hidden spots of the city where I live and that's why I got to know little by little the historical and artistic side of Milan. There's nothing better to me than strolling in the historical centre and find what's new around, whether it is a temporary exhibition or a hidden pub. So if you want to be taken for a unusual walk through magic of Milan I'll be glad to lead you!
Giovanni Is Great For
Business travellers, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Young adults
Marco Michele's Instagram
Marco Michele | MilanReview by: Giulia C
We had a lot of fun with Marco, he was able to guide us discovering a Milan we have ever known... We enjoyed the whole afternoon, deeply immersed in such beautiful places that Marco suggested almost real-time based on the curiosity and what we loved the most. We are going to repeat this experience with Marco, definitely :)
Marco Michele | MilanReview by: Emanuela B
“Splendida visita e gentilissimo Host”
Ho scelto questa attività perché mi incuriosiva l'accompagnamento da parte di un locale. Siamo state assolutamente soddisfatte sia delle attività proposte che delle informazioni ricevute durante la visita punto Michele è stato esauriente, interessante e molto preparato. Assolutamente esperienza da ripetere anche in altre città
Marco Michele | MilanReview by: Paul F
Very pleasant time with Marco. Good inside knowledge and fun to be with!
Marco Michele | MilanReview by: Juliet L
Best day in Milan with Marco!
Marco was so welcoming and couldn’t have been more helpful. It was great to get to know milan with a true local.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way