Shopping, Going to museums and exhibitions , Exploring hidden places in the city, Tasting delicious Italian specialities, Going to events linked to special periods of the year (e.g. the "design week")
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Milan
People who viewed Alessandro also viewed these hosts
Hi I'm Marco, I've lived in Milan since I was born. Milan is the place of my childhood and my boyhood. I have seen this city change during the past twenty years as it has seen me grow up among its tall buildings and picturesque gardens. I love spending time sightseeing, walking around the city through narrow alleys and paved streets. There are plenty of hidden spots of unique beauty and mystery to be found in Milan. I am also familiar with the artists and architects working in Milan. Book me so I can take you on relaxed walking explorations of the city, or if you want to enjoy quiet strolls in the baby-friendly parks and gardens, the same where my parents took me when I was a child. Among my other several interests there are history, art, geography, astronomy and linguistic. I especially enjoy reading classics, my favourite is "The Count of Montecristo".
Marco Michele Is Great For
High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
Growing up, I have always been this kind of girl: happy go lucky yet full of dreams and ambitions in life.I know my personality that shines the most is that I can easily connect and communicate with people as much as I am entertaining,welcoming and friendly. I've been in Milan for 4 years and as I've adjusted easily, I already finished college of Tourism. Singing is my best talent as I have been doing it since I was a child. Taking photos like a pro is second on the list. I love photography as much as I love to keep memories together. So if you're looking for a guide and a photographer for your instagram-feed-worthy-photos at the same time , I can do both. You can also rely on me when it comes to shopping.(if you're a fan of shopping, so am I) :) What I love about 'Milan is not only its tourist's spots but also its people. Italians are friendly and appreciative and their culture can never be replaced. With my love for the city, I can prove and show you what it takes to be in this place❤️
Sarah Mae Is Great For
Food & Drink, Children and families, Young adults
English, Italian, Filipino
I like meeting new people and making new contacts with foreigners. I'm on my 1st year of bachelor in computer science engineering. I think that helping people to discover Milan will also benefit me to find out something new and interesting of this city.
Serghei Is Great For
Business travellers, History and culture, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
English, Italian, Russian
Alessandro | MilanReview by: Cameron and Rosie E
Literally just book this now
As a couple in our early 20s spending 5 days in Milan, we decided to book this experience on a bit of a whim, not really knowing what to expect - it turned out to be the absolute highlight of our holiday! We were met by Alessandro (Alex), who could not have been a friendlier or more knowledgable local host. He tailored the tour to include things we were especially interested in, and seeing the hidden gems of the city with a local was really amazing - afterwards, he even sent us a big list of the best things to do and see later in the week, which really allowed us to make the most of our trip. This was the first time we've used CityUnscripted but it definitely won't be our last - we would highly recommend this tour, and Alessandro in particular, who made the experience really special!
Alessandro | MilanReview by: MUSALLAM A
I would HIGHLY recommend this customized experience for any first timer in Milan. Our host Alessandro was charming, friendly and helpful. He also happily answered all our questions and NO was never the answer. He helped us get local sim cards for our phones which we would not have been able to do alone at the start of our two week Italian tour :- . Again I would highly recommend this experience and specifically Alessandro as a host.
Alessandro | MilanReview by: Greg N
Quick 2 hour tour with Alessandro set up the rest of our stay in Milan for success!
Alessandro was eager to make sure he showed us everything we wanted to see, and communicated many times prior to our arrival in Milan. He had great suggestions of off-the-beaten path sites, like Basilica di Santa Maria, just steps away from the Duomo. We enjoyed our quick experience with Alessandro and he was eager to be flexible if we wanted to see other sites, or alter the plans. He did a great job!
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way