I am Eduardo and a 100% chilango - which means born and raised in Mexico City aka DF aka CDMX. Even though I lived in South America and Europe I always came back to my roots and my home town, because Mexico City is ”super chido” and I would love to show you my amazing and sometimes surreal city with you. It doesn’t matter if you want to eat tacos in the street (which I love btw) or if you are up for some clothes shopping (yes guys, you can find some really cool stuff here too), I can show you the incredible variety of Mexican food, shopping, museums, street art and interesting neighborhoods and I´m pretty sure you’ll enjoy it - from cheap to luxurious and from hip to classic. Because Mexico City is a place of the extremes and to get the vibe of this place you should dive in and drift along. And with whom better than a real chilango??? I forgot, here´s some info about myself: I am working freelance in finance and as an interpreter (you see my contrasting city did mold me), I´m fluent in Spanish and English, a passionate soccer player and just got married to an amazing German foodie and art lover. Together with our Frenchie we love to conquer the city on foot, discovering lots of new stuff every week. So if you’re up for some culture and fun and won’t say no to some really good food just book me and I´ll show you my city.
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, New residents, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with kids, Vegetarians
Contemporary Art, Architecture, Food & Drink, Restaurants, Street food, Food markets, Cafes, Bars & Pubs, Music venues, Culture, Cinema / Movies, Theatre, Museums, Photography, Live events, Music, Shopping, Markets, Active Life, Parks, Urban walks & street art, Sports, Fitness, Children, Child friendly 4-11
Central, North, West
My most exciting things to do in Mexico City
There are a lot of stylish and tasty restaurants all around the city, which are worth giving a try, not to forget the numerous food stands with their variety from tacos to tortas or even tlayudas. And if you stained your shirt don’t worry, in the hip areas like Roma or Condesa are lots of shops with clothes made by Mexican Designers… of if you like it a little fancier you’ll love the Masaryk Avenue in Polanco where all the luxurious brands have their stores. But don´t forget to save some time for Mexico City´s museums and art galleries, because the city is packed with amazing art - indoors and outdoors because the streets offer uncountable art works on buildings and walls. And bring your running shoes: on Sundays the usually busy Reforma Avenue is dedicated to all the bikers, inline-skaters and runners and you can enjoy a car-free walk there to see all the buildings and watch the people walk or bike by with a delicious Mexican coffee in your hand.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way