Travelling, Skateboarding, Music Production, Live music performance, Sampling live music
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Manchester
People who viewed Joel also viewed these hosts
Hello! I am a 20 year old Manchester native and have lived here all my life. I see myself as a very social person who is easy to chat to and outgoing. I love going out with friends and socialising which is something I am more than happy to do with complete strangers. I am young yet I have a vast knowledge of various cultural topics particularly to do with Manchester. I am Manchester's biggest fan, I love living here and would love to share my passion with visitors and tourists and have a laugh at the same time. I am closely in touch with the reviving music scene in Manchester and I have many good entertainment recommendations for people young and old. I know Manchester travel and transport very well which is useful for people visiting for the first time. My friends would tell you I am perfect for this role as I find it easy to get on with people and I am the proudest of Mancunians.
Tom Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Hip / Trendy scene, Partying & clubbing
I am a music producer who has recently worked with Chanel and Vogue Magazine on the music for a Spanish advert. I simply love music and creativity. Subsequently, upon moving to Manchester I quickly found my interests and I continue to find new establishments and mini communities to satisfy my creative interests as Manchester is a city that is growing at an incredible rate. I am part of the new wave of people who have moved to Manchester in the last 3 years and it has been an absolute pleasure. I come from London and so I really know about the difference between a tourist good time and a local good time. I love how Manchester can be incredibly busy and feel like London in some areas, and in others it is really tranquil and you have beautiful parks. Additionally, people in Manchester are willing to speak with you more than they are in London. Londoners are more friendly to Londoners while Mancunians seem to be friendly to everyone. I like eating out a lot and visiting a variety of communities. From Cheetham Hill to Hulme/Moss Side to Didsbury (where I live) to Chorlton. The different areas of Manchester are distinct once you become really acquainted with them.
Lehin Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Halal food, Hip / Trendy scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Partying & clubbing, Solo travellers, Vegans, Vegetarians
My name is Alasdair and I am an enthusiastic, friendly student from Manchester. I have always loved meeting new people and making new friends wherever I am in the world. My main passion in life is helping people and to some day save a life, hence why I am a First Aider and am hoping to get into Medical School. Lots of my friends like me because they find me funny and sassy (in a comedic way), if a little bit weird. But I always say everyone has to be a bit weird otherwise the world would be boring. One thing that I think makes me unsual is that I can recite the entire script of The Dark Knight (the movie) and that I can play the french horn, if quite poorly. I love Manchester because there is always something to do, there is always a gig going on and always an event to see. I also love Manchester because of the huge diversity of people and cultures there are to see and explore, from Chinatown to the Jewish community in the North.
Alasdair Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Partying & clubbing, Solo travellers
I am an engineering graduate from the University of Manchester with a great enthusiasm for city architecture, public and food! I lived in the USA during my early childhood and then grew up in the UK for most of my life, living in various places like Cambridge, North Wales and now Greater Manchester. Before I moved, I knew some parts of Manchester since I've visited many times and then when I actually did move for higher education, I really started getting to know the city and beyond to explore other towns and cities in the north (Liverpool, Preston, Blackpool, Lancaster, Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Sheffield and more) by hopping on and off buses, trains and trams. I've also explored every borough in Greater Manchester, with pictures of major centres of each one. As I have a travelling mind and an excellent geographical idea of everything, I'll be happy to help anybody, whether they're new to the city or just need someone to help them move around the city faster without missing out on the major sights and big bargains! Even though I've lived in Manchester for just over 2 years, I know the whole city as if I've lived here for 20 years! I absolutely love the great diversity of cultures as well as the mix of old and the new, especially the architecture from Grand Victorian town halls to towering skyscrapers of the modern times. I know exactly how to spend time and visit places efficiently. I hope you will enjoy travelling around the city with me!
Ayman Is Great For
Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Halal food, Hip / Trendy scene, New residents, Vegetarians
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way