Reading, cycling, golf, Walking and hiking, Local History
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Manchester
People who viewed Roy also viewed these hosts
Not sure which Local to book? We know each of our Locals individually, so leave it to us to find the Local who best matches your interests, personality and requirements. Simply book below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to find out more about you so we can choose a like-minded Local who can create an experience in Manchester that you will love. Alternatively, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the proposed details of your trip so we can find the perfect Local for you!
Your Perfect Local Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, Many Others
Ciao! I am Francesca and Italian teacher who lives in Manchester. I moved here in 2015 but I've been dreaming about moving to this amazing city for a long time! Why? Because Manchester has everything you need, if you know where to look for..football and music above all, but also museums, great walks and restaurants and its University and culture. I will bring you around the city while listening to some good Mancunian tunes to discover its hidden gems and will give you tips for the best restaurants in town.
Francesca Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, History and culture, LGBTQ, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, French, Spanish, Italian
Hi world! My name is Vittorio and I also went through the same situation as you, we were all new once. But no worries! I will make sure you feel at home, but in a completely new country and full of experiences to live. I am a very kind and friendly Student in Manchester always with a smile to offer and expert in getting along with anyone no matter what language you speak, where you come from or how old you are so do not hesitate to ask me or talk about anything, I always will be very pleased to hear you, It will seem like you've known me for years! Manchester have incredible things to offer for each kind of personality and nice stories to tell, so just tell me about yourself, what you like and of course! Also about how you imagine your perfect trip to manchester! And I'll take care of the rest. If you are over 18, ask me about my professional degree in parties, clubs and bars so let me show you the amazing night life of Manchester.
Vittorio Is Great For
Nightlife, Food & Drink
English, Spanish, Italian
I have lived in Manchester almost all my life and have a lot of pride in my city. I love showing people around and making sure that they have a great time and leave with good memories. Manchester has something for everyone, whatever you're into.
Robert Is Great For
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way