I'm an itchy feet cinema artist born and raised in Madrid, and a very open minded person. 23 years in Madrid, 4 in France and a couple in New York, that's more or less about my life! I know how it is to be in a traveller's mind (I kinda have that feverish addiction). Madrid is my nest, a city that's got it all at it's right time. It's so easy to be spontaneous in this city! Everything opens till very late (around 10pm for the shops, even some museums! Good food anytime until 11.30pm). That freewill along with our usual wonderful sunshine makes it easy to enjoy at a relaxing pace. Magic! I learned the skills of showing my city with many friends that live abroad coming to visit and a special passion my brother and mother have for the history of it -and friends keep coming back!-. Book me so I can take you on relaxed walking explorations of the city, make you discover authentic spanish tapa's wine bars/restaurants from Madrid, and find the perfect exhibitions for you (I find art exhibitions specially wise and interesting here, don't know if we have an amazing secret society of curators or what! But I highly recommend it!). I'm your local too if you feel like visiting cute spots and little old towns in Madrid's outsides that hide such things as one of the first theaters in the world or a frontline mountain big Monastery built at where a King felt a special energy location! (and not only)
First time visitors, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with teenagers
English, French, Spanish
Art, Contemporary, Traditional, Major Galleries / Museums, Food, Vietnamese, Italian, Spanish, North American, Cinema, Theatre, Museum, Musicals, Opera, Shopping, Clothing, Lifestyle, Books/Stationary, Souvenirs, Antiques, Music, Concerts, Festivals, Spa, Outside Spaces, Parks, Markets, Street Tours, Walking Explorations, Rock, Hip hop, Cafes, Cocktail Bars, Wine Bars
Alonso Martínez, Barrio de las Letras, Chueca, La Latina, Los Austrias, Lavapiés, Malasaña, Sol
My most exciting things to do in Madrid
Exhibitions, concerts, discovering new restaurants, walking around the city, taking the car to discover new spots in the mountains of Madrid or little old towns outside of the city center, events somehow geeky... update surprises, always!
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way