Shopping, Eating out, Art exhibitions, Theater, Dancing and working out (yoga, pilates, fitness)
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Madrid
People who viewed Elena also viewed these hosts
Not sure which Local to book? We know each of our Locals individually, so leave it to us to find the Local who best matches your interests, personality and requirements. Simply book below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to find out more about you so we can choose a like-minded Local who can create an experience in Madrid that you will love. Alternatively, contact us directly at email@example.com to let us know the proposed details of your trip so we can find the perfect Local for you!
Your Perfect Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Halal food, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, LGBT scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Partying & clubbing, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers, Vegans, Vegetarians
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Any other
One of the things that will make me a great CityUnscripted Local is my international background! I know what it feels like to visit a city whether it be the first time, or the 10th time! Thus, I have learned the type of activities people like to do/visit in accordance to the amount of times they have traveled. I speak French at a very strong level due to my French background, whilst speaking English and Spanish a native level. I have lived in many countries such as Switzerland, Canada, United States and Mexico and because of this I feel I can quickly befriend people traveling, cause the probability is that we have gone through the same experiences. The sudden nervousness that comes with complete culture shock, or the adventuress ‘loneliness’ of visiting by yourself. I can quickly find common ground to relate with people and have no problem making everyone feel included, I have felt the same at some point I pride myself in being very openminded and respectful of others peoples culture, and due to being a naturally curious person, I am looking forward to start taking a ‘leader’ position and look forward to changing the outlook of visitors from being a tourist to a local, since in my experience, you do not have to be a ‘local’ to become a ‘local’.
Olivier Pablo Is Great For
First time visitors
English, French, Spanish
I love myself, my city....hahaha all around me is special. Why not make the love bigger?? Join me in this adventure. I hope to know you and make great your experience. I like the people with curiosity so you can ask me all the questions you want. ;-)
Marina Is Great For
English, French, Spanish
After living in London for 15 years, I moved back to Spain few years ago. I am a photographer, wine expert and I love working with people and enjoying time with my friends and family. I can offer an excellent knowledge of Spanish culture, organizing skills, sales strategy and attention to detail, crucial on delivering a high standard service to the final client. I am very guest oriented, passionate about food & wine, always keeping a positive attitude and creating dynamic environment. I am also bilingual English-Spanish and Catalan languages.
Miguel Angel Is Great For
First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Vegetarians
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way