Art, sports, Gardening, socializing, Sustainability
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in London
People who viewed Bertalan also viewed these hosts
Eccentric New Yorker with big hair, big personality and tons of energy to show you the best, non-mainstream bars and music scene in London. I have lived in London for almost 10 years and I also know the best markets and independent fashion shops to buy unique garments. I'm a proud father to a 1 year old so I have lately discovered cool, baby-friendly places and restaurants where adults can have a good time. I consider London my hometown; it is vibrant, forever morphing and just really cool. Don't stick to zone 1, there is a much bigger London out there!
Sean-Taylor Is Great For
Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers, Children and families
I am a born and bred London girl currently living in the vibrant heart of London's East End, Dalston. I spend my time cycling around the city finding hidden spots off the tourist tracks. My evenings are spent exploring London's diverse cuisine and dancing. I'm also a frequent visitor of the city's art galleries, cinemas and cultural events. I have a Masters degree in Chinese Studies and a wealth of travel experience around Asia: I have cycled around temples in Burma, worked as a journalist in Taipei, and studied yoga in South India. Fun fact: I am a certified yoga and rock climbing teacher, so I can take you climbing indoors in a London Castle! I am passionate about showing people around the world my hometown, because being a traveler myself, I know that experiencing the city through the eyes of someone who knows it brings a unique touch to your journey.
Sophie Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers
Before moving to London I lived in Japan for 18 years and travelled extensively in Asia, teaching Italian language and culture and studying anthropology. I loved Asia, but I moved to London because it was my dream to live here. I have visited London many times between university and now, the serene atmosphere of the parks in contrast with the urban environment always gets me in a wonderful mood. In London I'm in the museums every week and I love checking out the new exhibitions and trends in the weekend markets. The Victoria and Albert Museum is my favourite one for the extensive collection of Japanese, Korean and Chinese art. Soho is great for vinyls and a coffee, and South Kensington for the art and just strolling around. I'm also a vegetarian, so I’m always on the look-out for the best shops or restaurants for a special recipes, dishes and ideas.
Sara Is Great For
Business travellers, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Japanese, Italian
When I first came to London I was a student, so I know lots of sides to the city. I'm a now a professional and I love going out to discover new places and things to do, restaurants to try. I love showing people the hidden treasures of this city. I'm an architect by training, a fashion lover and a real foodie. I love engineering (all sorts but mainly bridges, I'm always happy to help and am smiling all the time, I can walk slow or fast (I'm a proper commuter... a good one!)
Beatriz Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
Bertalan | LondonReview by: Szilvia F
My husband loved this!
I booked this experience as a surprise for my husband. He loves beer and I know he enjoys trying local specialities... I wanted to book something which could be insightful and fun to do together in London, not too geeky as that would have been boring for me. So I found CityUnscripted and this is exactly what I was hoping for! We were matched with Bertie, who is similar age as us and loves travel and cares for the environment, just like us. I told him that my husband loved beer but I am more a gin person. He took us to some of his favourite places and we had a great time together! Bertie was generous with his time and shared loads of fun stories. Thank you!
Bertalan | LondonReview by: Diana B
Great food and great guide
We met our guide Bertie who was such a fun guy and he took us to try various typical British foods which were surpirsingly good! Of course we had fish and chips but we also discovered some other cheeses and foods we had never heard of! Bertie was so knowledgeable and funny and made this tour really fun! Thanks so much
Bertalan | LondonReview by: Tamás F
We are from Budapest and visited London over a week. We wanted to try some street food which is different from anything we get back home. We were matched with Bertie, the best host ever! Bertie listened to our dietary requirements and took us to 3 different markets. He explained the dishes and recommended the stalls that serve the best food, and also pointed at the once to avoid :P He convinced us to try some strange looking Indian food which was delicious. We bought some presents to bring back home and took loads of photos. We now know that London is not all about fish & chips! Köszönjük szèpen Bertie!
Bertalan | LondonReview by: Dodo K
We met with Berty as local hosts on exchange, he visited Amsterdam where I live. It was fun meeting up with him, he was very nice, he was listening to everything that I wanted to share about Amsterdam, he was asking many questions as well. I can imagine him being a really cool local host as well! We had a nice afternoon conversation, visited a museum and had some food. It was fun meeting up with him, I hope next time I'm in London he will guide me there.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way