I love indie music, especially Britpop, Blur is one of my favourite bands., Spending hours browsing in bookshops., Checking out new bands., Reading anything about the history and culture of London., Trying different craft beers at interesting pubs
find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Locals' profiles and book your favourite Local Host directly
tell us about you
Tell us about you, your personality and passions, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you are after
chat & plan
We'll assign the best Local Host for you (if you didn't book one directly) and your Host will be in touch to plan a personalised experience for you
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the places, things and people that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in London
Alison | LondonReview by: Bennett M
Alison was SO fantastic!
We were perfectly matched and got along famously. She really helped start off my visit on a high note. She knew lots of fun facts about the city & had great recommendations for the rest of my trip. Thank you, and Alison, so much for everything!
Alison | LondonReview by: Luke S
City Walking Tour
Alison did a great job with a customized experience. CityUnscripted contacted us less than a day after our booking to get informed about our preferences, and what we hoped to see. They assigned Alison and passed on the information we had provided. Alison planned a walking tour from Buckingham Palace, where we saw the changing of the guards, through St. James Park to Parliament Square, and along Whitehall to Trafalgar Square. From there, we went to Covent Garden. We recommend CU and Alison!
Alison | LondonReview by: Kacey L
Great way to see the city
We did a 4 hour walking experience of London with Allison. Booking was very easy and Celine confirmed our reservation with ease. We did have a little hiccup with locals (our original local became unavailable) but Celine kept us updated and found the perfect host for us. All in all, it worked out seamlessly. On the day of our tour, Allison met us in our hotel lobby and we set out on our walking tour. The tour was completely customize able based on our likes and what we wanted to see. We wal
Alison | LondonReview by: Dana A
We Healed Each Other
My host Alison and I shared al lot of stories together tho not similar events but the similarities of whatever we were going through was incredible, i opened it and shared so much with comfort. shared new adventures in Hampstead Heath like kids..... talking about it would need a very long list. but i can simply say one sentence and i quote Alison "Thank you... We Healed Each Other". this says it all.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way