Hi, my name is Winnie and I've lived in London for more than four years. I love London for its diversity - it really is a true 'Melting Pot' bringing together hundreds of different cultures. If you walk down any street, you're likely to hear a variety of languages being spoken. Living here means being able to discover new places all the time - whether it's a Buddhist temple you've not seen before, a new farmers' market selling great cheese, a new pop-up restaurant making amazing pizza, or just seeing some incredibly talented street performers by chance. People say London is expensive. But it's what you make of it. There are plenty of free activities in this city: most galleries don't charge entrance fees, pubs and bars everywhere regularly put on free gigs ranging from rock 'n roll and punk to jazz. But if you prefer to pay for a bit of luxury, London shall not disappoint. There are plenty of high-end cocktail bars, restaurants and experiences to choose from. As for me - I absolutely love meeting new people and learning about their cultures. I'm a journalist by trade so naturally, I ask lots of - sometimes stupid- questions. :-) I'm an avid horse rider, love cooking and baking and exercising: I do spinning, boot camps, exercise classes, swimming and squash.
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Halal food, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, LGBT scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Partying & clubbing, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers, Vegans, Vegetarians
English, German, Russian
Food, Culture, Shopping, Music, Outside Spaces, Nightlife, Sports, Cinema, Live Events, Gigs, Parks, Canals, Rivers, Lakes, Souvenirs, Thai, Gym, Zoo, Vietnamese, Food, Fitness, Festivals, Cafes, Pubs, Reggae
Central, South East, South West, West, Balham, Barbican, Belgravia and Knightsbridge, Bermondsey, Bethnal Green, Borough, Brick Lane, Brixton, Camberwell, Camden, Canary Wharf, Chelsea, Chiswick, City of London, Clapham, Clerkenwell, Covent Garden, Crystal Palace, Dalston, Dulwich, Earl's Court, Elephant and Castle, Farringdon, Finsbury Park and Manor House, Fitzrovia, Fulham, Greenwich, Hackney, Haggerston, Hammersmith, Hampstead, Highbury, Highgate, Holborn, Holloway, Hoxton and De Beauvoir, Islington, Kensington, Kentish Town, Kilburn, King's Cross, Ladbroke Grove, Little Venice, London Bridge, Marylebone, Mayfair, Notting Hill, Paddington, Peckham, Pimlico, Putney, Richmond, Shepherd's Bush, Shoreditch, Soho, South Bank, South Kensington, Spitalfields, St John's Wood and Primrose Hill, Stoke Newington, Tooting, Victoria, Wandsworth, Westminster
My most exciting things to do in London
Explore London's beautiful parks, dine out at restaurants offering cuisines from all over the world, take a stroll along the river Thames, have a drink on a rooftop terrace, discover London's many hidden gems most tourists don't know about. outside spaces, try the food in the countless different restaurants
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way