After spending a summer here in 2012 I relocated permanently in 2013. I attended Goldsmiths University London and am working as a tour guide in the city. I am an art history buff with a kind character and a witty sense of humour. In my spare I attempt to be a musician and I have a passion for movie reviews.
First time visitors, Budget travellers, Foodies, Hip / Trendy scene
Art, Food, Culture, Music, Sports, Child friendly
East, South East, Hackney, Haggerston, Hampstead, Holborn, Islington, King's Cross, London Bridge, Shoreditch, South Bank, Westminster, Whitechapel
My most exciting things to do in London
Going to the Globe Theatre, strictly in the Yard area. The live gigs: from the venue with a capacity of 20 people in a hidden side street in East London, to the Hammersmith Apollo or the O2 Arena. Enjoying the sun in the park when it comes out, with a good book or a nice pint. Last, but definitely not least, the free museums, with the Tate Modern taking pole position! I find that this city is charged with a unique atmosphere that feeds itself from its incredible history to the wealth of cultural venues it offers. It is worth exploring in all its facets. I have a talent for art, food, Shakespeare and sarcasm and in my free time I love trying to be a musician. I love to discover the best art and art venues of the city and anything to do with Shakespeare. I have also been a food tour guide in the past so he is the perfect guy to join if you are a foodie!
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way