Seeing art galleries in East London - the unexpected quirky and independent places you find hidden a, Seeing London football matches - the songs, the atmosphere, Photography tours of the modern and brutalist architecture. Know Barbican and Canary Wharf particula, Cycling and running East London's amazing hidden parks and secret waterways, Traditional London pubs. Can't beat a good pint of locally-brewed beer!
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in London
People who viewed Paul also viewed these hosts
Before moving to London I lived in Japan for 18 years and travelled extensively in Asia, teaching Italian language and culture and studying anthropology. I loved Asia, but I moved to London because it was my dream to live here. I have visited London many times between university and now, the serene atmosphere of the parks in contrast with the urban environment always gets me in a wonderful mood. In London I'm in the museums every week and I love checking out the new exhibitions and trends in the weekend markets. The Victoria and Albert Museum is my favourite one for the extensive collection of Japanese, Korean and Chinese art. Soho is great for vinyls and a coffee, and South Kensington for the art and just strolling around. I'm also a vegetarian, so I’m always on the look-out for the best shops or restaurants for a special recipes, dishes and ideas.
Sara Is Great For
Business travellers, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Japanese, Italian
When I first came to London I was a student, so I know lots of sides to the city. I'm a now a professional and I love going out to discover new places and things to do, restaurants to try. I love showing people the hidden treasures of this city. I'm an architect by training, a fashion lover and a real foodie. I love engineering (all sorts but mainly bridges, I'm always happy to help and am smiling all the time, I can walk slow or fast (I'm a proper commuter... a good one!)
Beatriz Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
Eccentric New Yorker with big hair, big personality and tons of energy to show you the best, non-mainstream bars and music scene in London. I have lived in London for almost 10 years and I also know the best markets and independent fashion shops to buy unique garments. I'm a proud father to a 1 year old so I have lately discovered cool, baby-friendly places and restaurants where adults can have a good time. I consider London my hometown; it is vibrant, forever morphing and just really cool. Don't stick to zone 1, there is a much bigger London out there!
Sean-Taylor Is Great For
Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers, Children and families
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way