I am a 31 year old born and bred London girl currently living in the vibrant heart of London's East End, Dalston. I spend half my time cycling around the city, finding hidden spots off the tourist track. I spend evenings trying London's diverse cuisine, dancing and often frequent the city's abundance of art galleries, cinema's and cultural events. I have a Masters degree in Chinese Studies and a wealth of travel experience around Asia; cycling around temples in Burma, working as a journalist in Taipei, studying yoga in South India. I am passionate about showing people from around the world my hometown. As a traveler, I know how unique your trip can became through the eyes of a local. I am also a certified yoga and rock climbing teacher and can take you climbing indoors in a London Castle!
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Foodies, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, Off the beaten-path, Solo travellers
Food, Culture, Shopping, Music, Nightlife, Sports, Asian, Cinema, Canals, Rivers, Lakes, Pop-up, Chinese, Markets, Vietnamese, Food, Turkish, Cafes, Pubs, Reggae, Caribbean, Rock Climbing
Brick Lane, Dalston, Finsbury Park and Manor House, Hackney, Hampstead, Stoke Newington
My most exciting things to do in London
Getting brunch on Church Street, cycling along the canal, swimming in the ladies pond on Hampstead Heath, rock climbing at the Castle Climbing centre, doing yoga al fresco in Clissold Park, checking out Doomed Gallery in Dalston, dancing the night away in Brixton to some reggae, getting an Indian on Brick Lane, sunrise breakfast at the Duck and Waffle, a pint in my local pub with a game of pool, catching a matinee film at the Rio cinema, and many more!
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way