Visit museums, football, cycling, Local History, Visit Galleries
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Liverpool
People who viewed Neil also viewed these hosts
Not sure which Local to book? We know each of our Locals individually, so leave it to us to find the Local who best matches your interests, personality and requirements. Simply book below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to find out more about you so we can choose a like-minded Local who can create an experience in Liverpool that you will love. Alternatively, contact us directly at email@example.com to let us know the proposed details of your trip so we can find the perfect Local for you!
Your Perfect Local Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch
I'm used to work with guests and I love organizing activities. I learned how to be charming and active while I was working as an host for MSC cruises. I've been living in Liverpool for one month as I moved from London and I truly love the city. Traveling and photography are my biggest passion; I've already been to Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Israel, Holland, Morocco, Scotland, England, South Africa, France, Germany, Hungary, Namibia, Mauritius, Austria, Switzerland, Croatia. I also speak a bit of French and Spanish
Anna Is Great For
Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Solo travellers, Children and families
I am a 72 year old ex Installation Engineer who has been retired for 7 years. I have grown up in a city that has changed dramatically. I have worked away from home most of my adult life but Liverpool has been and will always be my home. My kids tell me I am very personable and mild mannered, a true Gentleman who is knowledgeable. My main activity and Hobby is Photography, especially Night Photography, meaning that Liverpool gives me the perfect opportunity to practise my craft.
Frank Stuart Is Great For
High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
You have chosen to visit Liverpool for a reason. It could be for the Beatles; football; history; nightlife; shopping; culture; art or indeed any combination of these features. I’m a local, I’ve lived in Liverpool all my life, so I can show you the obvious attractions and help you find the unexpected and unusual; perhaps take you off the beaten track and reveal the stories behind the city’s past, present and future. I have a love of all things cultural, I work in the Museum of Liverpool and at two of the city’s theatres. I have an interest in urban regeneration, I am fascinated by how Liverpool has changed since its very successful year as European Capital of Culture in 2008. So if you want help to find your way to our most important tourist sites, or if you want to explore further to discover some of our hidden gems, I might be the local host for you.
Joanne Is Great For
History and culture, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way