Hi! I am Anne. I am a 24 years old student and traveller. I live in Portugal since 2015 when I came here as an Erasmus exchange student... and here I am, I never left! I was born in Italy in a small town one hour far from Venice. I studied and worked in Venice for 3 years - I got a bachelor degree in International Relations and Foreign Languages, therefore I speak Portuguese as a mothertongue (almost!). I also speak English, Italian and Spanish and I love communicating in each of there languages and I also speak a bit of german and Danish (oh well, I forgot to tell you that I am half danish!). At the moment I am studying Art Business and I do a lot of Yoga in my free time. I consider myself as a very open and positive person, and I always try to give my best to the people that I meet. I love meeting new humans, exchange positivity and learn about other cultures. Why should you choose me as your CityUnscriptedLocal? Well, because I love Lisbon with all my heart and soul. And I made a lot of international friends falling in love with this city. I Studied Portuguese language and culture during 3 years in my bachelor and I came to Lisbon as much as I could during those 3 years and it just got stuck in my soul. When I came back in 2015 I could never leave and I still fall in love every day and every time I look up to this incredibly Blue sky. Lisbon is stuck in a time that doesn't exist: it can be extremely modern and extremely authentic at the same time. You can choose the fancy restaurants and turistic areas or you can choose to see it from the inside. Lisbon has amazing food, wines, music, culture, weather! I promise lots of walking, chill, history, food, wine... and Smiles! With the eyes of a local and the soul of an Italian!
English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese
Art, Contemporary Art, Traditional Art, Food & Drink, Restaurants, Street food, Food markets, Cafes, Bars & Pubs, Nightlife, Music venues, Culture, Museums, Photography, Live events, History, Gigs & Concerts, Music, Shopping, Markets, Active Life, Wellness & Beauty, Parks, Urban walks & street art, Sports, Fitness, Teenage friendly 12-16
Central, North, East, South, West
My most exciting things to do in Lisbon
Exploring the small streets of Graça, Alfama and Mouraria. Eating typical food in authentic restaurants and "tascas". Watching the sunset while listening to live music in one of Lisbon's beautiful miradouros. Enjoying the sun in Belem, close to the river. Visit Lisbon's Museums and Art galleries. Shopping at Feira da Ladra on Saturdays and Tuesdays. Trying the best pasteis de nata. Eating some amazing bacalhau cooked by a Portuguese grandmother. Chilling in Jardim do Tourel, Jardim da Estrela, Campo martires da patria, Tapada das necessidades and many other green spots all over the city.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way