English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese
Art and culture are my biggest passion, Music: I’m mostly into electronic, techno and rock from the 80s but I’m opened to everything! , Clubbing: I’m not into commercial music and crowded discos. But I can show you a lot about Lisbon’s , Portuguese Culture, history and language, Food and Wine (and Beer!)
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Lisbon
People who viewed AnnElisa also viewed these hosts
Like I always say: I'm not the best person to talk about myself, at all. However, since I'm so found of fighting, I'll give it a go. I guess one could say I am a great person to be around (at least, that's what my friends say!). They always joke about the fact that I can socialize so easily... That I can make friends "with a leg behind my back" (a portuguese saying that sounds terrible in english, but that translates to "doing something that should be hard, easily"). I am a modest kind of funny, but with an incredible sense of humor that allows me to laugh at my own jokes (this translates to a huge self-love capacity)! I love to study different languages so I can connect with the most varied group of people and... I guess that's me!...
Daniela Is Great For
Food & Drink, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Solo travellers, Young adults
Hi everybody. Lisbon is the best place in Europe, that's why I live here :) I am a 27 years old french girl currently seeking for a job so I have plenty of time to show you the city! I love to get lost in the small streets of Lisbon, enjoy a coffee in many of its points of view and party at night with friends. Travel addict, I have lived in Spain, China and now Portugal! Also backpacked all around Asia and South America which was the best experience ever. My second passion is to Dance!! Modern jazz, Hip Hop, Dance Hall... anything that grooves haha. Also love yoga and fitness :) Hope to hear about you soon!
Blandine Is Great For
High-end travellers, Nightlife, Solo travellers
Hi, I'm Gabriella. I'm a 28 years old hungarian visual artist. I live in Lisbon for about 3 years. For one month I worked in a hostel in Cascais and I loved to meet new people from all around the world. I still didn't find my dream job but being a Local Host and meet people from different cultures gives me a lot of inspiration. I would say I'm a happy person with a good sense of humor and with a big curiosity about the world. This curiosity made me fell in love with the city. I'm permanently surprised with the enormouse history of Lisbon and that I can always find new nice corners in the narrow colorful streets of the old town. I also love nature and Lisbon has many botanical gardens. It's the best thing you can do on a hot summer day to go to a garden and enjoy the shadow under a tree with a cold drink in your hand! :) So if you like art,nature and hidden places then I'm the best Host for you! :)
Gabriella Is Great For
Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Solo travellers, Young adults
Did you know that people who live in Lisbon are called alfacinhas, which means... little lettuces? Nobody really knows why, but lettuces here are really crispy and yum yum! Fun facts aside, Lisbon and Portugal in general is a peculiar, amazing, warm, open-hearted, sometimes a little frustrating but nonetheless a loveable place which I keep on exploring and everyday find something new - I can't wait to share this with you! Originally I am from Lithuania but have spent more than two years here now, exploring the Portuguese capital and its surrounding areas. I used to work at an art gallery in Lisbon thus I am familiar with the art and culture scene. At the moment I work as a freelance translator, writer and photographer and I am very much interested in people, their stories and street photography. I am also an avid lover of food, coffee, wine, music, beautiful Lisbon sunsets and long explorational walks. I am very much into hiking and trekking so I consider myself very lucky that Lisbon offers quite a few opportunities in that area as well. So I am happy to share the green natural spaces of Lisbon with you, too! I have lived in a few places around the city: my current area is the historical neighbourhood of Graca which is very close to Alfama and Mouraria. I can take you through the main sites as well as off the beaten track, you tell me what you'd like to see! I have spent a considerable amount of time on the other side of the bridge which is still a largely unexplored area of Lisbon, it is a perfect choice for people who want to get out of the crowds and enjoy a different pace while eating the most delicious food and exploring the nature, seaside and tiny traditional and very amazing finishing villages just a ferry ride away from the old-town! Looking forward to meeting you!
Vilmante Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, History and culture, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
AnnElisa | LisbonReview by: James C
Since I was new to Lisbon, I needed a host who was a familiar with the city and the tour routes. Ann had the knowledge and she often introduced me to places via shortcuts and alternate routes. She is very positive, attractive and fun. She is also a very good walker. I even called her "a military style guide." :) In the 6 hours experience I was exhausted from time to time but she was always ready to go more. For there are many hills in the territory of Lisbon, I thought traveller can be easily tired of walking. She is from Italy as written in her profile, but her English was fluent and correct and fun. ;) She is sociable and attractive. She will guide you to your style.
AnnElisa | LisbonReview by: Carola F
Great for tourists or business travelers with limited time
I had very limited time as I was on a business trip, and I don't like big tour groups so I decided for a 3-hour-private tour. AnnElisa was a fantastic local guide and showed me lots of places that a tourist would probably miss out on. She was also very attentive to my wishes and requests and was very knowledgeable about Lisbon and its history, but also its current hotspots and nightlife. It basically felt like walking through the city with a friend. Highly recommended!
AnnElisa | LisbonReview by: David R
6 hours with a local
Our host Anna Elise met our family of three husband, wife and adult daughter just near our Lisbon hotel, for a delightful walking tour of the city. We were first-time visitors to Lisbon, and enjoyed our easy-going host as we talked about architecture, what brought her to Portugal and what she loves about the city and people. Our local host was happy to go wherever we wanted, and contacted us in advance to discuss our interests. We walked to the Prada do Comercio and along the cobble stone streets of old Lisbon. We took the cable car, and visited the Castle Sao Jorge, then on to several churches and the cathedral. We stopped near the cathedral at a lovely bistro called Audrey's Cafe for lunch. Afterwards we walked the historic district of Alfama looking at the different shops are artisan's wares. We ended at the Panteao National, tired but feeling like we had seen and learned quite a lot. We highly recommend the experience!
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way