Your Perfect Local
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, & many others
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Edinburgh
People who viewed Your Perfect Local also viewed these hosts
I am an Edinburgh boy, born and bred. I’ve been a taxi driver for 16 years and a qualified tour guide for 1 year. I am so passionate about Edinburgh. It is a wonderful place to live and the history, building, views and culture are spectacular. Come on a half day or full day tour of the Old town and or new towns and see the UNESCO protected Ancient architecture of the old town and the grand Georgian architecture of the New Town. I also specialise in Outlander tours. I have knowledge of all the locations and this can be incorporated into a 1-3 day tour depending on your requirements. For younger folk I also specialise in Harry Potter tours. I am also a keen runner and walker with extensive knowledge of Edinburgh, The Pentland Hills, Loch Leven, West highland way etc. I also have extensive knowledge of the Jacobite uprisings and can show you all the places where Bonnie Prince Charlie stayed in Edinburgh when he took over the city in 1745. Each tour is bespoke to your exact needs.
Stephen Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, LGBT scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers
I'm a Chemical Physics graduate currently running The Potter Trail (Edinburgh's Harry Potter tours), touring science shows for kids with the Edinburgh International Science Festival and aspiring to be a comedy writer/performer with my sketch group Planet Caramel. I'm very outgoing and enjoy learning from other people. I'm always looking to entertain and get great pleasure in communicating ideas in a clear and interesting way. Comedy is my main passion in life and I try to inject a bit of it into everything I do. The Edinburgh Fringe is my Christmas and I've performed in it every year since 2011. I'm already very experienced as a tour guide receiving almost exclusively 5 star reviews on Trip Advisor for my tours. My enthusiasm for Edinburgh is boundless and I am to make you love this city as much as I do!
Richard Is Great For
Off the beaten-path, Budget travellers, Bar lovers, Hip / Trendy scene
I am friendly and have a great sense of humour according to those who know me and I enjoy walking and discovering new places every time I get the chance. I can speak Italian fluently and I can understand Spanish, which I am also studying at the moment. I am always early everywhere I go, just a habit I developed early. What I love mostly about Edinburgh is the time after Fringe or Hogmanay, when it is quieter and you get to see what it is really like to live here.
Luiza Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, New residents, Solo travellers
English, Italian, Romanian
Hello there! I am an Edinburgh local that grew up here and never left because I love the city! I grew up in the suburbs in Edinburgh Morningside and attended a School in the south. I love meeting new people and learning about there backgrounds. I have always enjoyed networking from a young age. I have had many type of different jobs since leaving university. I used to be a Stage Rigger for events. I helped build the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow with different company's such as lighting crew and stage crew. We build all the platforms for the althletes to perform on. I also with this job went down to London fashion week and helped build stages for the runway models. My most recent Job was a sushi chef in the new town city centre in Edinburgh. where I served customers sushi dishes on a conveyor belt. I enjoy many things as a person. I enjoy sports such as combat ones. I have been doing grappling sports most of my life. I missed out 2 years ago at the last commonwealth games for freestyle wrestling as I missed out on qualification. That is why I took the stage rigger job! I am now training for the next games in the Gold Coast. I also run a freestyle wrestling club in the west side of Edinburgh. I am also very much into marketing and e-commerce selling online.I have just opened my own shop online recently! The things I love about this city is the rich culture it brings. I love the royal mile area as you can do many things. You walk down from the castle and watch street performers. You go on hunted tours. Edinburgh has hundred of years of history in its city centre. The castle had many sieges you can learn about. I enjoy walking around and talking about the never ending history to this great place.
Martin Is Great For
First time visitors, Off the beaten-path, Bar lovers
Your Perfect Local's Instagram
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way