English, Hindi, Urdu
I love keeping up-to-date with the new fashion trends, I also enjoy reading novels, I love listening to music, and I love discovering new corners of my city, I love baking all sorts of cakes
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Edinburgh
People who viewed Zainab also viewed these hosts
I'm a Chemical Physics graduate currently running The Potter Trail (Edinburgh's Harry Potter tours), touring science shows for kids with the Edinburgh International Science Festival and aspiring to be a comedy writer/performer with my sketch group Planet Caramel. I'm very outgoing and enjoy learning from other people. I'm always looking to entertain and get great pleasure in communicating ideas in a clear and interesting way. Comedy is my main passion in life and I try to inject a bit of it into everything I do. The Edinburgh Fringe is my Christmas and I've performed in it every year since 2011. I'm already very experienced as a tour guide receiving almost exclusively 5 star reviews on Trip Advisor for my tours. My enthusiasm for Edinburgh is boundless and I am to make you love this city as much as I do!
Richard Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
Hiya, I'm Samerah and I study psychology at the University of Dundee! I have lived in Edinburgh all my life and am in awe of how much of a diverse and beautiful city it really is! I love going to the gym, exploring new places and visiting different museums and galleries and taking beautiful pictures of amazing places. In my spare time I like to go shopping, try new food cuisines and do some leisure activities so whether your looking to visit amazing sights, take in the cities rich history, enjoy some gorgeous food or generally just see the city from a locals eyes - I am the host for you! I am a friendly person who loves meeting new people and travelling.
Samerah Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
I am a 22 year old student at the University of Edinburgh, and have lived in the area all my life. I am interested in the literary history of the city, medieval and early modern Scotland, and Scotch Whisky. Having volunteered and worked in some of Edinburgh's most prominent tourist attractions, and gained specialised knowledge of the whisky industry, I'm excited to share my experiences and passion for this wonderful city and country.
Alana Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, Off-the-beaten-path, Young adults
I've lived in Edinburgh for 5 years and I keep discovering new things. I've had the opportunity to show friends, family and new classmates around the city over the years - the main attractions and also a lot that only a local would know - when I travel, I always ask locals to suggest these places to me. I know the ins and outs of Edinburgh from working with Deliveroo on my bicycle. I've even created a city-wide treasure hunt that is yet to be solved! I love hosting and consider Edinburgh as my home.
Finn Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
Zainab | EdinburghReview by: Georgianne G
Z was our guide and she fit everything into our half day tour. She was so informative and shows us a great day. Making food suggestions for later and points of interest to visit again
Zainab | EdinburghReview by: Diana
We had a lovely young student. She had a lot of knowledge and proud of her city which is a pleasant surprise as most would take what they have for granted as some young Aussies do back home. I would like to pass on my personal thanks to Zainab.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way