Live comedy and the Edinburgh Fringe, Coffee shop culture, Nightlife - especially Indie and EDM clubs, Edinburgh's architectural history, The city's connections with Harry Potter
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Edinburgh
People who viewed Richard also viewed these hosts
Hi I'm Stuart and I pride myself on never being boring (EVER), I love Edinburgh more than most things in my life. I was born here and filly intend on staying here. I am a people person, always have been. I thrive in a social grouping. With strangers especially. I love to get to know people from all walks of life and I have 4 years in customer service jobs to back that up. I am weird original person who get along with everyone and I'm a people pleaser. If people come to Edinburgh to experience what it has to offer then I'll make sure they don't want to leave what I feel is the best city in the world. P. S. In terms of what makes my unique / weird, I can whistle with my tongue independently from my lips, is always a strange yet funny ice breaker.
Stuart Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families
Hello there! I am a landscape architecture postgrad at the University of Edinburgh with an undying passion for the arts. I studied Fine Art Painting at Edinburgh College of Art for my bachelor degree and as a result, I have an extensive background and knowledge of the expansive arts scene in Edinburgh. I am also a nature enthusiast and can offer advice on the many beautiful walks in and around Edinburgh, as further afield. I have a strong background in education, and have tutored children often and can come up with lots of child-friendly activities and tours. I’m also quite the foodie and can offer many recommendations, similarly for bars and music venues.
Patricia Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
Hi there! I am 21 years old and I study Psychology at the University of Edinburgh. I was born in Edinburgh but lived in Dubai for 3 years and went to 6 different high schools. I can speak English, Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi fluently. I love Edinburgh as it has always been home to me. The atmosphere in the city is very friendly and bubbly which is beautiful. The history and architecture never fail to impress me and there's always something new to see or a new fact to learn! I love shopping and I am a BIG foodie. Edinburgh is loaded with delicious and unique restaurants and cafe's that somehow still have that twang of Edinburgh history attached to it. In my free time, I teach children aged 4-7 and I am a diehard Prison Break fan. People usually say that I am chatty, fun, friendly and good with children. I love the beautiful scenery in Edinburgh and enjoy walking on the occasional sunny day. I would make a great host as I know exactly which restaurants to go if you're a food lover and the undiscovered spots around the city - within any budget!
Zainab Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Senior travellers, Children and families
English, Hindi, Urdu
Hiya, I'm Samerah and I study psychology at the University of Dundee! I have lived in Edinburgh all my life and am in awe of how much of a diverse and beautiful city it really is! I love going to the gym, exploring new places and visiting different museums and galleries and taking beautiful pictures of amazing places. In my spare time I like to go shopping, try new food cuisines and do some leisure activities so whether your looking to visit amazing sights, take in the cities rich history, enjoy some gorgeous food or generally just see the city from a locals eyes - I am the host for you! I am a friendly person who loves meeting new people and travelling.
Samerah Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
Richard | EdinburghReview by: Irene G
I would definitely recommend a private tour with Richard.
I had a lovely time, during my private tour in Edinburgh this morning. My local tourguide Richard Duffy is a very nice man, with who I could talk and laugh a lot. He told me many things about Edinburgh and we decided together what we were gonna do and see. It was a wonderful, kind of Unscottish warm day and that even made it more beautiful. Saw the most gorgeous views, while Richard explained everything we saw. He also was very interested in who I am and how I got to Edinburgh. Richard, start watch Outlander. You won't regret it.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way