English, Italian, Romanian
Shopping, Cooking, Reading, walking, movies
find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Locals' profiles and book your favourite Local Host directly
tell us about you
Tell us about you, your personality and passions, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you are after
chat & plan
We'll assign the best Local Host for you (if you didn't book one directly) and your Host will be in touch to plan a personalised experience for you
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the places, things and people that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Edinburgh
People who viewed Luiza also viewed these locals
Hi I'm Stuart and I pride myself on never being boring (EVER), I love Edinburgh more than most things in my life. I was born here and filly intend on staying here. I am a people person, always have been. I thrive in a social grouping. With strangers especially. I love to get to know people from all walks of life and I have 4 years in customer service jobs to back that up. I am weird original person who get along with everyone and I'm a people pleaser. If people come to Edinburgh to experience what it has to offer then I'll make sure they don't want to leave what I feel is the best city in the world. P. S. In terms of what makes my unique / weird, I can whistle with my tongue independently from my lips, is always a strange yet funny ice breaker.
Stuart Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, LGBT scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids
Hello there! I am a landscape architecture postgrad at the University of Edinburgh with an undying passion for the arts. I studied Fine Art Painting at Edinburgh College of Art for my bachelor degree and as a result, I have an extensive background and knowledge of the expansive arts scene in Edinburgh. I am also a nature enthusiast and can offer advice on the many beautiful walks in and around Edinburgh, as further afield. I have a strong background in education, and have tutored children often and can come up with lots of child-friendly activities and tours. I’m also quite the foodie and can offer many recommendations, similarly for bars and music venues.
Patricia Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers, Vegans, Vegetarians
Hi There! I’m Emma - a recent graduate from Edinburgh College of Art who has lived in Edinburgh for seven years; originally from Yorkshire, England - I stayed in Edinburgh because quite honestly I fell in love with the city! It’s a city that can still blow me away due to the quality shops, restaurants, numerous events and festivals the city plays host to. Not to mention Edinburgh’s history and old town architecture that gives anyone either visiting or living here a feel of escapism and excitement. I’m very proud to live and be part of Edinburgh’s local community and would enjoy hosting first timers as well as people who have already been a few times and want to do or see something a bit different. I am friendly, outgoing, good with kids and would be happy welcoming anyone of any age from any country. I’m a bit of a foodie and Edinburgh has many restaurants, bars, food markets and delis that are worth visiting – I can recommend and take you to some of the best for value in town. My interest in the arts mean I have a good knowledge of all art galleries in and out of Edinburgh’s city centre - as well as knowing good path routes and sweet little view points to get good pictures of the city you are visiting. Whatever your plans, I’m the host for you!
Emma Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies
My name is Thomas! I came here in 2010 for University and have been here ever since. I love the openness and diversity of this city, hidden gems are rarely far away! I love to explore the city when I can and enjoy meeting new people and sharing my local knowledge. In my spare time I might pop into the portrait gallery or practice some violin. I love learning languages and practising what I have learnt when I get the chance. This city come into its own in the night and I often find myself in one of Edinburgh' many watering holes or dinning establishments passing the time away with friends, before perhaps visiting one of the city's excellent nightclubs every now and then.
Thomas Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, New residents, Partying & clubbing, Solo travellers
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way