I am a very well travelled 57 year old. I was born in NYC, USA and was reared in Dublin fro the late 1960's. My father owned a pub in Capel Street, City centre(Marys Abbey and the Fruit Market) where I worked weekends and summers from the age of twelve until I had children. I worked in Irish Distillers, Smithfield for years so I would know all about the Whiskey Tours. I am a member of a Golf club. I would be able to organise a game of golf for clients. During the Ryder Cup in the KClub in Ireland 2006, I chaperoned some visiting wives who wished to shop and see some sites in Dublin City. I also drove jeeps to drive people from the helicopter pad to the Golf where I met people from all over the world. Before I worked forIrish Relocations I worked in both Brown Thomas and Arnotts on the Customer Service Desk and Fashion Floor. I am very good with restaurants and cafes in our city. I am a friend of the National Gallery of Ireland. This month it is all about Caravaggio. I am a qualified florist and love to visit the Botanical Gardens in Glasnevin and St Annes Park for the Rose Garden for example.
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies
Central, North, East, South, West
My most exciting things to do in Dublin
Visit the museums and Art Galleries. Visiting all our restaurants and pubs. Our wonderful parks especially The Phoenix park where there is a wonderful Zoo. Our GAA pitch for a game or a tour or our AVIVA Stadium for a rugby game or tour. The 3 stadium for a Pop Concert or An Bord Gais Theatre for a show. We have lovely theatres also for wonderful plays. We have a wonderful Whiskey tour and of course the Guinness tour where there is a spectacular view of the city. Our city is very laid back and small so one can get around easily by walking.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way