English, French, Italian
architecture, History, Art, Politics, Reading
find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Locals' profiles and book your favourite Local Host directly
tell us about you
Tell us about you, your personality and passions, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you are after
chat & plan
We'll assign the best Local Host for you (if you didn't book one directly) and your Host will be in touch to plan a personalised experience for you
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the places, things and people that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Brussels
Andrea | BrusselsReview by: Kelly D
Worth it !!
It is really worth it to see the city with a local guide. We saw things that normally we would not have ever seen. Our guide, Andrea, planned a very original, more-than-just-tourist kind of day for us and we really appreciated it. What a difference it makes! It is well worth the money and SO MUCh better than your average bus tour or group tour. We will use this service again and again.
Andrea | BrusselsReview by: Somi M
I had an amazing time! My host was incredibly professional and kind and I felt like I was touring a city with a friend. We stopped for chocolates and even sat and people-watched at a cafe. Just an incredible experience! I wish I could find a guide like Andrea at every city i visit.
Andrea | BrusselsReview by: Somi M
Andrea was a fantastic host!
Andrea was a fantastic host and a great introduction to the beautiful city of Brussels! Although I had only two hours, he stayed longer and gave me interesting tidbits and insights into the city. I felt like I was hanging out with a friend. He was engaging, interesting, courteous and absolutely wonderful! Please book him if you are lucky enough to visit Brussels!!
Andrea | BrusselsReview by: Tazza T
We cannot compliment Andrea enough!
We cannot compliment Andrea enough, he was undoubtedly the best tour guide we've ever had! He was well prepared and gave us wonderful insights into the history, architecture and politics of Brussels. His enthusiasm for his city was infectious and we particularly appreciated that he tailored the tour to our requests and then gave us more tips to explore the city and surrounds.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way