Your Perfect Local
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Brighton
People who viewed Your Perfect Local also viewed these hosts
Hi. I have been a resident of Brighton for about five years and am a firm devotee of much that the city offers in terms of culture, outlook and innovation. I have a keen interest in local history and a large and wide-ranging interest in many of the arts including fine art, literature, cinema and music and can provide an excellent introduction to what makes Brighton so special and unique in these respects. I consider myself confident and sociable and also love the vibrant, exciting and cosmopolitan nightlife of the city, though I also enjoy running and spending time in the Sussex countryside. Above all, I enjoy discussion and getting to know new people and sharing opinions and experiences.
Steve Is Great For
Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families
I am a really friendly person and I love getting to know new people and showing them around the beautiful city of Brighton. I am very knowledgeable about culture, in particular local cultural haunts and film-related events. I love literature, theatre, historical sites and film history. I am fluent in English, French and German. I look forward to showing you around soon!
Melita Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, French, German
I love getting out, and about in Brighton & Hove as there’s always something going on. I’m a gay married woman, and I’ve lived in Brighton, and it’s surrounding areas for the last 28 years. I enjoy delicious foods, and love visiting new restaurants in the city. I have a dog so have lots of knowledge of where dogs are allowed in the city. I worked at The Theatre Royal for a couple of years, so I have lots of knowledge regarding The Theatre Royal, and of the other theatres in the city. I love going to Brighton’s art house cinema’s, The Duke of York's, and the Komedia, and I really enjoy market stalls, and shopping. Brighton has many small boutique shops in the North, and South Lanes, so when looking for something original, like a birthday, or Christmas present this is the place to come. Brighton & Hove is a very special city as it is 2 towns rolled into 1 big city. The city is a huge eclectic range of people, and with such diversity the city has a really lovely atmosphere. It's very rare to meet true locals who were born, and bred in the city, but there are many visitors to the city who end up liking the city so much that they end up staying, and becoming one of the city's adopted locals. Like me! ☺️
Kyra Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
I am an Austrian-Egyptian local to Egypt and have been in Brighton for almost 2 years. Coming from such a different background and, I am extremely culturally diverse (I speak 3 languages). As a person, I'm very outgoing and have a positive attitude towards life in general. Through life, I've come to learn that projecting a good energy attracts good things to your life. Attitude really makes all the difference in perceiving the world. Whether you paint a difficult situation as a crisis or as an opportunity to grow and build character is all up to you. People tend to tell me that I am a very easy-going, down-to-earth guy and that they enjoy their conversations with me. I try to smile as often as I can. As for my talents: I'm a multi-instrumentalist and vocalist (which I am pursuing as a career through my ongoing BA in Digital Music & Sound Arts at the University of Brighton), I also paint as a hobby. Brighton is an incredible city that has so much diversity to offer to its people and tourists. One of the main reasons why I made this long journey over here from Egypt in the first place is its amazing music scene. There seem to be venues playing every style of music, not only focusing on the commercial genres. I would make a great CityUnscripted Local because I come from a very diverse background. I have an eye for what people are comfortable with and what a culture's taboos may be. I also speak 3 languages fluently, which will prove to be extremely useful in such a field of work. I'd imagine many travellers aren't the best at speaking English, and having a tour guide who speaks their native language will make fulfilling their wishes a much simpler task. I look forward to hearing back from you and cannot wait to start showing off this amazing city of ours.
Tarek Is Great For
Food & Drink, Nightlife, Solo travellers
English, Arabic, German
Your Perfect Local's Instagram
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way