English, Arabic, Italian
Go to the hills most important "Ville", the museums, mercato delle erbe, quadrilatero, churches
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Bologna
People who viewed Oussama also viewed these hosts
i'm Ilaria and i fell in love with Bologna 9 years ago when i came here for the university. I'm sociable, friendly and curious. I like to talk with people, discover their culture, history and learn from them. I like art, music, literature and photography. Usually, it's really easy be confortable with me. I would like to transmit my love for this city to anyone, talk about Bologna and its citizens, its food, music and history. Bologna has always been a generous, welcoming and full of history city, i will try to make you feel like home bringing you in the most typical places and show you how wonderful and magical can be this city.
Ilaria Is Great For
Bar lovers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Solo travellers, Vegans, Vegetarians
It's Mattia, I was born in Bologna 27 years ago, I organize food tours in my lovely city. I travelled a lot when I was younger and I lived in France and Australia for some months. I love meeting people, new culture ... and I'ld like to show you Bologna from a local perspective! Of course I'm a foodie!!
Mattia Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Partying & clubbing, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers
Dutch student who has been living in Bologna for almost 4years. I know the city by heart and have a lot of nice stories to tell. I can also help you with special requests like tours in the green areas around Bologna, shopping or a day full of the best food and beverages of the city
Elisabeth Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Partying & clubbing, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers, Vegans, Vegetarians
English, Italian, Dutch
I'm originally from Bologna but I've been studying in Singapore for almost 3 years. Additionally, I've lived, studied or worked in the UK, Morocco and Mexico, so I'm open-minded and used to interacting with people from different backgrounds. I'm passionate about learning languages and connecting with people from other cultures, which is what brought me to move to Singapore for my bachelor degree. However, I often come back to Bologna for holidays and through the years I've had many foreign friends from my university come visit me, so I've become very passionate about giving them tours of the city and its hidden gems! As a CityUnscripted Local, I would be able to share my favorite niche cafés and street food places with my guests, show the vibrant graffitis and street art, talk about the history of the city and its modern identity, as well as providing a fun cultural and language exchange.
Francesca Is Great For
Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Halal food, LGBT scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Solo travellers, Vegetarians
English, Spanish, Italian
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way