English, Spanish, Italian
Cinema, Concerts, Hiking, basketball, Discovering my region's hidden gems
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Bologna
People who viewed Gabriele also viewed these hosts
Hello folks! I'm Claudio, a 35 years old guy who has been living in Bologna for more than 14 years. So, what could I say about myself? Definitely that I'm really bad at introductions! :D Joking aside, I consider myself an easygoing and open minded person who likes to meet new people, I like to share different points of view about the world and learn about others life experiences! I play electric bass in a bossanova/samba trio and I also enjoy playing dj sets. If you're curious you can listen to some of the recordings here: www.soundcloud.com/barquinhoazul – www.mixcloud.com/eatacloudinla – I'm also interested in graphic design and web design as well for I work as a freelance, here you can see my works: www.claudionatale.com – The small things bring the most pleasure: Cooking pasta al forno from time to time on sunday mornings. Peeling and eating clementine tangerines having a stroll around my town and then smelling my hands. Pumping my bicycle's tires and then having a long and fast ride along the bicycle path. The taste of a cigarette while laying on the warm sand right after a good swim. Swimming into a deserted sea in a worm autumn's day. Feeling amazed (and perhaps a bit worried) while reading a book and finding my own believes and opinions about something matching perfectly with those of the author. The sound of a piano.
Claudio Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
i'm Ilaria and i fell in love with Bologna 9 years ago when i came here for the university. I'm sociable, friendly and curious. I like to talk with people, discover their culture, history and learn from them. I like art, music, literature and photography. Usually, it's really easy be confortable with me. I would like to transmit my love for this city to anyone, talk about Bologna and its citizens, its food, music and history. Bologna has always been a generous, welcoming and full of history city, i will try to make you feel like home bringing you in the most typical places and show you how wonderful and magical can be this city.
Ilaria Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers
Hi!I am Benedetta, a local girl who loves Bologna and its art, places to go, music and food.I am graduated in contemporary art. I love to meet new people and new cultures and share the passion for my city and my art and food knowledge with tourists and travellers! I would be happy to show you the authenticity of Bologna.
Benedetta Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
I'm a young guy, always worked. I study literature, in a private school. Won a scolarship for it- love Bologna and everyday trying to discover it. Worked as waiter in the centre. Interested in art.
Oussama Is Great For
High-end travellers, Nightlife, Solo travellers
English, Arabic, Italian
Gabriele | BolognaReview by: Corinne D
Inside feel to Modena and Bologna
Gabriele was fantastic in not only taking us around Modena and Bologna but also ensuring the rest of our stay in the area was easy to navigate from trains to restaurants to shopping. Could not be more pleased to start our trip with him.
Gabriele | BolognaReview by: Rich B
It was the perfect introduction to Bologna
Gabriele was an excellent host...easy going, informative and very accommodating. We got a thorough introduction to the city and lots of interesting and helpful tips.
Gabriele | BolognaReview by: Graham T
Day trip to Modena
We had a lovely day with Gabriele. His English was excellent and he had a friendly and engaging manner and concentrated on what we wanted to see and know rather than just going through a set agenda. We finished a little early and, on return to Bologna, he showed us some of the highlights. Would recommend him to anyone.
Gabriele | BolognaReview by: Fiona M
A feast for foodies in Bologna
Gabriele was friendly, knowledgable and flexible. On our first day in Bologna we learned a snapshot of Bologna's history and sights and got our bearings of the layout of the old city. We were able to have our tour tailored to our interests.. We ate a variety of the Bologna specialities and enjoyed some different wines. Thankyou Gabriele for a great beginning to our visit to Bologna.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way