Concerts, restaurants, opera, festivals, Walking and biking in the city
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Berlin
People who viewed Breandáin also viewed these hosts
Not sure which Local to book? We know each of our Locals individually, so leave it to us to find the Local who best matches your interests, personality and requirements. Simply book below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to find out more about you so we can choose a like-minded Local who can create an experience in Berlin that you will love. Alternatively, contact us directly at email@example.com to let us know the proposed details of your trip so we can find the perfect Local for you!
You Perfect Local Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, Many Others
Hi I’m Darren, originally from the UK, but resident in Berlin for the last 7 years. I love this city as I’ve loved London, New York and Johannesburg. Each place had something to uncover and that’s what I like to do. I’m a History graduate so that side of things interests me, but as I discover each day, there is much more to Berlin – night and day. Whatever your thing, leisurely family strolls to quick buzz tours, river sunsets to raucous nights, I’m happy to show you around and share what I’ve learned about my city. I’ll try my best to make it both informative and entertaining. Willkommen in Berlin.
Darren Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, History and culture, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
I am originally from Venezuela and have lived in the Caribbean, Spain and now Germany. I love the outdoors so protecting the environment is one of the main goals in my life which is why I am currently doing my PhD on sustainable water use at TU Berlin. This love for nature has also translated into a love for sports so I spend a lot of time bouldering, hiking through the forests that surround Berlin or biking; I enjoy taking people on my adventures and show them how beautiful our city is by bike and all the cool abandoned places there are to visit! I also play the Piano and Violin so I really like finding places with good music here in the city and free concerts! Last but not least, ever since I moved here and learned more about the city’s past I have been kind of obsessed with it and I truly like taking friends on walks and showing them how interesting this city is and all the different stages of evolution it has endured to be the great place it is now.
Cielo Is Great For
High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
I originally come from Finland, but have been living in Berlin for 14 years. I landed here for a traineeship, but stayed because of love to Berlin - but also to a native Berliner. Now we are already four and living the exciting everyday life of two boys with tons of toy cars. I’m not a history freak, but Berlin’s past has so many layers, I got interested. The first-hand family stories of Eastern Berlin come alive by visiting the sites. If you want to see and hear more - then let’s go together! In Finland, I studied cultural anthropology and have an enthusiasm for languages and other cultures. That makes Berlin a place with lots of options for me: eating in a restaurant without a fork and a knife, visiting the Turkish market or maybe a museum. And when I feel that Finland is too far away, I buy a bag of salty licorice and dive in to Berlin’s Scandinavian atmosphere. Finnish is my native language, but no worries, fortunately I speak also German and English fluently.
Jenni Is Great For
Food & Drink, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families
English, German, Finnish
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way