Hi my name is Sammi, I am a half luxembourgish, half tunsesian illustrator. My friends say that I am a curious, open-minded, spontaneous travel-addict. Since my lovely family is scattered around the world, I have been lucky enough to experience several cultures, like american, french or spanish as a kid. I speak french, german, english and well yes, luxembourgish, all fluently. Communication is a strong point of mine. I travel a lot and I am an active member of coushsurfing. 4 years ago, I took a big life decision and left my country for Berlin, which became my true home in an instant. I fell in love with this magical inspirational city and its people. If you are interested in a local Berlin and all its little secret corners I will be the perfect Local for you. I enjoy good budget food, may it be market halls or restaurants. Second hand shops, sunday markets or outdoor activities, like visiting parks are part of my programm. Apart from these cultural activities I can also show you a part of Berlins classic nightlife, good parties, nice craft beer bars or cheap live music, there are always enough events to find the perfect one for you. Hope to see you soon.
Budget travellers, Foodies, Bar lovers
My most exciting things to do in Berlin
Berlin offers a variety of different cultural and artistic events. I personally love going to concerts, street festivals, exhibitions, clubs and poetry slams. There are so many of them in Berlin that its often hard to choose where to go to. Since I enjoy cooking a lot, I am always searching for new restaurants to try out, so I can take you to my favorite places that all sell amazing tasty food. From high rated restaurants to Berlin street food, there is something for everyone. During summer all Berliners hang out in parks or go for a swim in one of the beautiful lakes around and in the city center. You find good shopping options in every district, my speciality are markets and second hand shops. On a rainy day I usually go to one of my favorite bars with my friends, there are several cocktail bars and exquisite craft beer bars in this city, find inspiration in one of the many museums of Berlin or visit one of the cute little indie cinemas in Friedrichshain, that not only show you a good selection of the newest movies ( or even old ones), but also serve your favorite drink on the side. Welcome to Berlin.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way