I love Berlin and have remained here because every time I leave, I am reminded why I live here and that always draws me back. Berlin truly is the greatest city to live in (in my opinion) because it really has something for everyone and is so diverse in its energies. I am 23 and lived in Bangkok until I was 19, so I can say that I did grow up in possibly one of the busiest, packed cities in the world. Of course city choices depend on the person. I am a filmmaker and dancer and study and train in both fields simultaneously. Whenever I can I like to join the two mediums together. What I very much enjoy, coincidentally, is introducing people to Berlin and showing them why I love Berlin, in hopes that they are able to experience the same magic I felt when I first got here. It makes me happy to leave people with a good impression of the place, and not only the mainstream tourist part but also the local parts.
Budget travellers, First time visitors, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, LGBT scene, Off the beaten-path, Solo travellers, Vegans, Vegetarians
Art, Asian, Thai, Culture, Cinema, Books/Stationery, Outside Spaces, Parks, Canals, Rivers, Lakes, Markets, Nightlife, Techno, Live Events, Pop-up, Drinking, Cafes, Bars
Friedrichshain, Kreuzberg, Mitte, Neukölln, Potsdamer Platz, Prenzlauer Berg
My most exciting things to do in Berlin
In my opinion the most exciting thing about this city is the spontaneity. I love the nightlife because it gives off a special energy that I have never felt anywhere else. I love finding new small cafes and admiring their random yet cozy decor. I love just walking around, by the canal, through a side park, through side streets and discovering their nooks and crannies. I enjoy and get very sucked into the underground art scene that is a little tucked away (but once you discover it you realise it's huge)
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way