English, Japanese, German
Electronic Music - Berlin is the place to be for that, Jazz - Lots of good venues in the city, Museums - especially the ones dealing with history and science, Nightlife - I love the bars in Kreuzberg/Neukölln and i know my way around the club scene , Long walks in the city, discovering history on foot
find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Locals' profiles and book your favourite Local Host directly
tell us about you
Tell us about you, your personality and passions, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you are after
chat & plan
We'll assign the best Local Host for you (if you didn't book one directly) and your Host will be in touch to plan a personalised experience for you
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the places, things and people that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Berlin
Josa | BerlinReview by: Andy H
Great fun, informative and delivered by a local, passionate about Berlin
Having had a great time with a City Unscripted Local in NYC 2016 I thought we would spend an afternoon with a Local in Berlin (November 2017). Josa and the team took time to understand what makes us tick as travellers, and what we would like to do during the afternoon we would spend together. During the pre planning steps I felt we would have something really tailored to us. Based on this alone, and before we got to Berlin I was really looking forward to the experience. We met Josa an a very wet, windy and grey Sunday afternoon, but Josa's enthusiasm was not dampened by the weather ! We spent the afternoon exploring lots of Berlin's less well know areas. Having established a great rapport with Jose throughout, we ended up having a great chat over a few drinks at his favourite rooftop bar. Something we would have never have experienced without him. I thoroughly recommend Josa and City Unscripted !
Josa | BerlinReview by: Wendy O
Beyond Berlin's Tourist Attractions
Josa gave a great tour of Berlin's historical sites. He had an excellent knowledge of the city's history, including information on events and locations that you wouldn't find in a travel book.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way