English, Spanish, German
Filmmaking, Photography, Public Transportation Photography & History, Modern/Classic Architecture Spotting, East/West Berlin
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Berlin
People who viewed Joel also viewed these hosts
I am a musician and translator. I produced electronic music, film scores, made sound design as well as played in a jazz band. I am a history nerd and very interested in science and languages. I love the Berlin nightlife and know my way around the local club scene. I am an outgoing person with a passion for my city and its history and I have a great time teaching others about it. Whether you are interested in Berlin's history, want to check out some great music venues, want to see what the LGBT-scene is like or simply want to have a good time exploring bars and clubs - I can definitely show you around and make your stay unique and exciting!
Josa Is Great For
LGBTQ, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers
English, Japanese, German
I am originally from Venezuela and have lived in the Caribbean, Spain and now Germany. I love the outdoors so protecting the environment is one of the main goals in my life which is why I am currently doing my PhD on sustainable water use at TU Berlin. This love for nature has also translated into a love for sports so I spend a lot of time bouldering, hiking through the forests that surround Berlin or biking; I enjoy taking people on my adventures and show them how beautiful our city is by bike and all the cool abandoned places there are to visit! I also play the Piano and Violin so I really like finding places with good music here in the city and free concerts! Last but not least, ever since I moved here and learned more about the city’s past I have been kind of obsessed with it and I truly like taking friends on walks and showing them how interesting this city is and all the different stages of evolution it has endured to be the great place it is now.
Cielo Is Great For
High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
I am 29, have travelled 60 countries world wide alone and am the life and soul of a party. I can make a mojitio in 37 seconds and have a never ending Berlin bucket list of places to see and things to do - I live with my German boyfriend and recently got to wear a Dirdnl (tradtional German Bavarian dress) to a wedding, which literally made my life! I love Berlin, you can be whoever you want to be here and are celebrated for it, come join me for some adventures!
Lyz Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
I have lived in Berlin for 8 years now. I not only love the city but embrace it and consider it part of who I am. I am a stubborn preacher of the Golden Mean, have a background in economics whilst leading a double life as a literary freak and work at an independent publishing house, specialised in politics and investigative journalism. I can be usually found obsessed about book, my new Fujifilm X100F or very black coffee. And would love to bike or walk with you through the known and less known parts of city, take pictures, visit galleries, museum, abandoned buildings, street art corners, parks, flea markets, bookstores, live concerts, coffeeshops and finish in the exciting Berlin night life, which I know very well. My interest are as broad as the possibilities have for a day out.
Mauricio Is Great For
Food & Drink, History and culture, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Spanish, German
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way