English, Spanish, German, Catalan
Tapas, Hiking, Eating, Sailing, Siesta
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Barcelona
People who viewed Alexander also viewed these hosts
I'm Jess from London, my dad is from Barcelona and Ive felt like a local since I first set down roots here in 2004. My life is a mix of enjoying the great climate, going to beaches, parks and local excursions, trying to keep fit through yoga and paddle board and also making use of Barcelonas diverse night life. I love budget local restaurants and I know some great little hip bars :)
Jessica Is Great For
Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers, Children and families
Hey there! My name is Karla. I consider myself very spontaneous, in a sense that I love to create, reinvent and experiment new things. My main passion is Photography; however, I am also in love with any other kind of art expression, especially music. The combination of both is the perfect combination for me. Another important aspect of my life is that I love to connect with people. It's amazing how sharing thoughts and ideas, interests or experiences can make such incredible bonds all over the world. I am a collection of the things that have inspired me through my life and those things include the cities I've lived. I believe that people like that i'm very chill and open-minded person. I love Barcelona because is a city where can appreciate a contrast of diversity. I come from Caracas, Venezuela, and Barcelona gives me this familiar feeling of home even though is not as big nor as chaotic as Caracas. Lastly, I think what make me a good local guide is that I like to find the most authentic places of a city. Those places that makes you connect with the people and makes you want to come back for another experience.
Karla Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, History and culture, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
Hello! My name is Yana. I like to think that every person we meet is a way to connect with the universe. Currently studying acting, I'm fond of getting to know people from different parts of the world and showing them the beautiful secret parts of Barcelona. I'm a sociable, easy-going and fun person. I'm from Russia, but I've been living in Barcelona for almost 5 years. I've been studying a lot, such as Catalan and Spanish, and learnt cultural traditions, so I consider myself to be fully integrated. I can tell you about Barcelona, myself, places and people living here. For me, Barcelona is a never ending surprise in a good meaning. There's always something to discover, experience, enjoy, hear, and taste. In my free time I like to write, watch movies, make short films and learn something new from different people. My passions include art, spanish culture, history, literature, travelling and dance movement. I enjoy eating different food and a good wine. My goal is to visit as many countries as possible and learn Chinese and maybe even one Scandinavian language!
Yana Is Great For
Food & Drink, History and culture, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Spanish, Russian
I moved to Barcelona 17 years ago and have been here ever since! I live on the outskirts of Barcelona in a residential area so consider myself well and truly integrated into the spanish lifestyle and way of living. I love the small and compact city that is Barcelona, I know all the main areas, and I am forever exploring and checking out places to visit and to eat. So lets meet and go and explore the beach and port area, the Gothic area, the main shopping areas, go and see the Gaudi Sagrada Familia and other masterpieces, check out FC Barcelona Nou Camp, .... the choice is yours!
Jonathan Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way