I have lived in Amsterdam for 10 years now, and the city still doesn’t bore me. Though I have lived in many places and travelled the world, I would always come back to Amsterdam. It is really my city, it has stolen my heart and I Invite you to let me carry this love onto you. I have lived in Ghana and South Africa for 5 years and just returned from a 4 month university exchange to Boston. Because of this I think I can adapt and connect to people from different cultures more easily. I am always genuinely interested in how others perceive certain aspects of life and wouldn’t be scared to ask their opinion. How else can we get a more worldly view, right? Right now, I am a university student, but I wasn’t always. I have pursued a professional career in dance for 15 years until I was 20. This is the artistic side in me, and I still love going to dance classes with friends. Also I keep myself updated to all new dance events coming to town. Since that time I have begun running and doing yoga as well. If there’s one thing people always tell me, is that I have lots of energy and never fail to entertain. But after a nice work-out there's nothing better to have a late Sunday brunch at one of the local eateries, which you'll find me doing almost every weekend. Food is really another passion I have in life. I don’t just like food, I LOVE it (who doesn’t?) And I enjoy going on the hunt for the new best eatery in town. If I could sum up what people love about me I would say that I am: kind, sincere and loving, but at the same time straight-forward and direct. Also people like the fact that I can take control and be a leader (even though this isn’t what I would naturally do at first). I am very organized and punctual, but I always take time to have a conversation with someone, because I believe as people we need other people to really feel alive. Life on your own isn’t fun, we need others to share it with and I really hope I can share my city, the city of Amsterdam, with anyone who is interested!
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, Off the beaten-path, Solo travellers, Vegetarians
Major Galleries / Museums, Food, Japanese, Shopping, Fitness, Parks, Markets, Street Tours, Cocktail Bars, Wine Bars
Centrum, Zeeburg, Jordaan, Oud Zuid, De Pijp
My most exciting things to do in Amsterdam
Browsing through the little boutique shops in de Pijp. Eating Sunday Brunch at any local coffee house. Running along the canals during a crisp morning in winter and seeing how the city slowly prepares for a new day. Amsterdam is small but has everything a city needs, it is my personal playground!
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way