Visiting museums, Visiting Art Galleries, Listen to live music, Relax at the park, Art making
find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Locals' profiles and book your favourite Local Host directly
tell us about you
Tell us about you, your personality and passions, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you are after
chat & plan
We'll assign the best Local Host for you (if you didn't book one directly) and your Host will be in touch to plan a personalised experience for you
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the places, things and people that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Amsterdam
People who viewed Ai also viewed these locals
I am Eduardo, I born at the beautiful city of Santiago of Chile, where I grew up and studied in a quite international family (my father and all his side of the family were Spanish immigrants at Chile). I start my travels when I was 23 years old, being Peru, Cusco and Machu Picchu my first experience. After that, I decided to discover, first, my own country, living and working in different remote places as Torres del Paine at the Chilean Patagonia, the Atacama desert, the Lake district and ski spots nearby Santiago. My appetite for discovering new places was huge, which motivate me to see, now, South america. After seeing these wild nature a new idea got in my head. The people experience which took me straight in Europe. After a few years here I had the chance to see Spain, France, Estonia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Portugal and The Netherlands where I live already since 2009. I bike every where in this beautiful city of Amsterdam, therefore I could take you to places that most of people do not know.
Eduardo Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, LGBT scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Partying & clubbing, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers, Vegans, Vegetarians
English, Spanish, Portuguese
Social Scientist with master's degree in political sociology. Tour guide passionate about the history and the alternative scene of Amsterdam. I am a musician, I really like arts and crafts and I love to travel to different cities and just feel the atmosphere (slow travel). Specialized in tours in Portuguese and English.
Sandy Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Solo travellers
Hallo there! I am half mexican and half dutch, i have lived in many countries like Germany, Italy and now in the Netherlands, i am 39 years old,i work as a tourist guide in Amsterdam, I am very sociable, easy and outgoing,passionate in what i do, love enjoying people around me, love art and culture, in few words I enjoy life.
Alejandro Is Great For
Bar lovers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, Off the beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with kids
English, Spanish, german,italian,dutch
I have lived in Amsterdam for 10 years now, and the city still doesn’t bore me. Though I have lived in many places and travelled the world, I would always come back to Amsterdam. It is really my city, it has stolen my heart and I Invite you to let me carry this love onto you. I have lived in Ghana and South Africa for 5 years and just returned from a 4 month university exchange to Boston. Because of this I think I can adapt and connect to people from different cultures more easily. I am always genuinely interested in how others perceive certain aspects of life and wouldn’t be scared to ask their opinion. How else can we get a more worldly view, right? Right now, I am a university student, but I wasn’t always. I have pursued a professional career in dance for 15 years until I was 20. This is the artistic side in me, and I still love going to dance classes with friends. Also I keep myself updated to all new dance events coming to town. Since that time I have begun running and doing yoga as well. If there’s one thing people always tell me, is that I have lots of energy and never fail to entertain. But after a nice work-out there's nothing better to have a late Sunday brunch at one of the local eateries, which you'll find me doing almost every weekend. Food is really another passion I have in life. I don’t just like food, I LOVE it (who doesn’t?) And I enjoy going on the hunt for the new best eatery in town. If I could sum up what people love about me I would say that I am: kind, sincere and loving, but at the same time straight-forward and direct. Also people like the fact that I can take control and be a leader (even though this isn’t what I would naturally do at first). I am very organized and punctual, but I always take time to have a conversation with someone, because I believe as people we need other people to really feel alive. Life on your own isn’t fun, we need others to share it with and I really hope I can share my city, the city of Amsterdam, with anyone who is interested!
Yorick Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, Off the beaten-path, Solo travellers, Vegetarians
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way