I from Hungary and I moved to Amsterdam to study, but this great city just "made me" stay here even after I was done with school. I'm a friendly social person who likes talking to people, I'm interested in languages and different cultures, as I have wide circle of intonational friends and colleagues. I love doing spontaneous activities, going to concerts, events, restaurants and bars. I like making cocktails and accessories, cooking and playing music, as well as just walking around and discovering the ever changing face of Amsterdam. I have studied in the cultural field, therefore I know lots of museums, galleries, concert venues and other art-related places to visit. I live here for more then 6 years and lived in several areas of the city, I could show people the hidden beauties of Amsterdam that are usually not easy to find for tourists.
English, dutch, hungarian
Major Galleries / Museums, Contemporary, Restaurants, Cooking, Thai, Turkish, Culture, Cinema, Theatre, Shopping, Music, Spirits & Wine, Music, Gigs, Concerts, Outside Spaces, Historical, Canals, Rivers, Lakes, Markets, Nightlife, Jazz, Performances, Drinking, Cafes, Bars, Cocktail Bars, Pubs
Centrum, Zeeburg, Jordaan, De Pijp
My most exciting things to do in Amsterdam
Biking through Amsterdam is the best way to get to know all the hidden beauties of the city. After more then 6 years of cycling around here I can introduce you to places that most tourists wouldn't see. I love going to local bars and restaurants, live concerts of diverse genres, art galleries and pop-up events. Thank to my international circle of friends I have a grasp of this city from many angles :)
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way