English, dutch, hungarian
walking around in the city, Attending concerts , Going to museums, attending pop-up events/random happenings, visiting street markets
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Amsterdam
People who viewed Dodó also viewed these hosts
Hallo there! I am half mexican and half dutch, i have lived in many countries like Germany, Italy and now in the Netherlands, i am 39 years old,i work as a tourist guide in Amsterdam, I am very sociable, easy and outgoing,passionate in what i do, love enjoying people around me, love art and culture, in few words I enjoy life.
Alejandro Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families
English, Spanish, german,italian,dutch
I am Eduardo, I born at the beautiful city of Santiago of Chile, where I grew up and studied in a quite international family (my father and all his side of the family were Spanish immigrants at Chile). I start my travels when I was 23 years old, being Peru, Cusco and Machu Picchu my first experience. After that, I decided to discover, first, my own country, living and working in different remote places as Torres del Paine at the Chilean Patagonia, the Atacama desert, the Lake district and ski spots nearby Santiago. My appetite for discovering new places was huge, which motivate me to see, now, South america. After seeing these wild nature a new idea got in my head. The people experience which took me straight in Europe. After a few years here I had the chance to see Spain, France, Estonia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Portugal and The Netherlands where I live already since 2009. I bike every where in this beautiful city of Amsterdam, therefore I could take you to places that most of people do not know.
Eduardo Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Spanish, Portuguese
Not sure which Local to book? We know each of our Locals individually, so leave it to us to find the Local who best matches your interests, personality and requirements. Simply book below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to find out more about you so we can choose a like-minded Local who can create an experience in Amsterdam that you will love. Alternatively, contact us directly at email@example.com to let us know the proposed details of your trip so we can find the perfect Local for you!
Your Perfect Local Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, Many Others
Just hop on my bike and explore the city, it is a great feeling and activity not only I can do a good amount of excersize, but to get to know the city! Checking out the new/established galleries are always interesting things to do for me, aside with spending time for my own art making. I can introduce the art and culture of Amsterdam :)
Ai Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers
Dodó | AmsterdamReview by: Ann H
Local Private Tour of Amsterdam
This was an incredible tour. I took this tour on the first day of my visit to Amsterdam. Could not have had a better guide. I wasn't sure where to go but knew that I wanted to see the City and experience some of the local foods. I would recommend Dodo to anyone who is interested in seeing Amsterdam.
Dodó | AmsterdamReview by: Dana L
Amsterdam tour review
Dodó was awesome!! She was prompt to meet us at the hotel and very friendly and knowledgeable. It was great to walk around and explore the city and just take it all in. She answered our questions and gave us recommendations for this to do later. She rocks!
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way