English, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch
museums, History, Photography, walking, Brewing
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Amsterdam
People who viewed Riccardo also viewed these hosts
I am leaving in Amsterdam for almost 6 years and I am very passionate about the city with its beautiful museums, galleries and churches. I really enjoy showing the best bits of the Amsterdam. I am always remembered for my smile, very friendly and active person.
Olga Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, Solo travellers
English, Russian, Ukrainian
Hello, I’m Vincent, french expat, born and raised in the alps and now living below the sea level. It started when I went to Amsterdam for a week-end at the age of eighteen and this city never left my mind since. I moved in Amsterdam at the end of my studies few years ago and I have no reasons to leave so far: open-minded, tolerant, crazy and chill at the same time. I showed the city to many many friends and family members and now I would like to show around to more people as I feel passionate about it. I work in web-development, love to share drinks with my friends, running as much as I appreciate food and of course traveling: lately a trek in Nepal and a road trip in a camper around Eastern Europe. If you’re looking for a glimpse of the daily life in Amsterdam feel free to book me.
Vincent Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Partying & clubbing, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
I am Eduardo, I born at the beautiful city of Santiago of Chile, where I grew up and studied in a quite international family (my father and all his side of the family were Spanish immigrants at Chile). I start my travels when I was 23 years old, being Peru, Cusco and Machu Picchu my first experience. After that, I decided to discover, first, my own country, living and working in different remote places as Torres del Paine at the Chilean Patagonia, the Atacama desert, the Lake district and ski spots nearby Santiago. My appetite for discovering new places was huge, which motivate me to see, now, South america. After seeing these wild nature a new idea got in my head. The people experience which took me straight in Europe. After a few years here I had the chance to see Spain, France, Estonia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Portugal and The Netherlands where I live already since 2009. I bike every where in this beautiful city of Amsterdam, therefore I could take you to places that most of people do not know.
Eduardo Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, LGBT scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Partying & clubbing, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers, Vegans, Vegetarians
English, Spanish, Portuguese
Not sure which Local to book? We know each of our Locals individually, so leave it to us to find the Local who best matches your interests, personality and requirements. Simply book below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to find out more about you so we can choose a like-minded Local who can create an experience in Amsterdam that you will love. Alternatively, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the proposed details of your trip so we can find the perfect Local for you!
Your Perfect Local Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Halal food, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, LGBT scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Partying & clubbing, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers, Vegans, Vegetarians
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, Many Others
Your Perfect Local | AmsterdamReview by: Mark S
A delightful experience in an enchanting district
Riccardo was absolutely superb. He was born and raised in Amsterdam and attended university in England. His knowledge of the city and the area we toured is astounding. We all enjoyed visiting the Jordaan a delightful and charming slice of Amsterdam away from the maddening crowds. His answered all of our questions about all aspects of the city. This was one tour where I felt slightly guilty as I left feeling I received more than I paid for by the end of the tour. Reserve now.... you will not regret!
Riccardo | AmsterdamReview by: Marilyn L
Wonderful walk in Amsterdam!
We had a great day with Riccardo Olivo in Amsterdam. He was young, energetic and very knowledgeable. We appreciated the fact that he was educated and well travelled so that we had a lot in common. He knew the city backwards and forwards. We did a lot of walking but that is really the only way to see Amsterdam. We saw more than would have been possible if we had been on a group tour. Riccardo sent us an introductory email and framed the tour to match what we wanted to see. He was just so pleasant and interesting and it was a pleasure spending the day with him.
Riccardo | AmsterdamReview by: Van C
Le jeune guide Ricardo était très sympathique ! On a bien profité!
On a bien profité des connaissances de la ville, même sous la pluie et le froid on était ravi ! Bravo Ricardo, rester toujours souriant et sympathique !
Riccardo | AmsterdamReview by: Juan C
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way